Monday, October 20, 2008

my kitchen

ok, try to ignore the silly kids, and notice the icky orange walls behind them, and the peach one way back there. now see the icky doors, with the pretty white panel next to them. and the gray/tan color on the walls. i have been working on this kitchen for almost a week now. i just wanted it to stop looking to dirty and icky. the paint was scratched off in a line over the table where the old owners had their chairs rub against it a million times a day. and who would choose those horrid colors?? i get what they were trying to do, but it didn't work!! so now i get the joy of correcting their bad taste! much better, don't you think? with the white accents, i think it looks great. and then for our ward supersaturday, we did this temple picture. i think it turned out awesome! and i won these words at bunko on saturday night, which fit perfectly with the new decor. my sisters and i spent forever trying to make every straight and evenly spaced. what a pain! but now that it is done, it is so worth it! yay!!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. Way to go. Painting is so intimidating to me, especially with little monkeys running all around.

Marie said...

Lookin Good! Can't wait to see it in person. I don't know how you do it with the kids around. You need to show me your trick!

Heather said...

Wow, looks great. Good for you. I HATE to paint and avoid it at all costs. You are a real trooper.

leslie jo said...

Looks GREAT! You are always soo good at that stuff! I love the words!

Lori said...

That looks so much better! I love the temple picture wall. It's beautiful!

Heather said...

Marne, you have to start posting on Kris's blog so she will keep doing it.

Pugslvr said...

I love the color you chose. I don't know how you did that with little ones running around because we have not found the time to paint since before Ethan was born. I still have an entry way that I keep begging Joe to paint because he's much better at it than me & I hate to paint. It looks much better than before.

The Burtons said...

Wow! What a change! I can't believe you are attempting such a big project with such a little baby. Is she sleeping through the night? Mine is going through a bad spell right now. Come over to my house next, I have a couple rooms I need to paint.

***LIZ*** said...

Love the home improvement projects!!! Looks great!