Saturday, March 13, 2010

what do you think of these?

here is the finished product!! you can probably scroll through older posts and see us sitting around the old ugly kitchen table. well, i got sick of it, but didn't know what to do. my good friend marie suggested i sand down and paint the table, which took longer than i thought it would to dry! we were out of a table, and sitting on the floor for a few days. we worked it out though, and now we have this masterpiece to use!! it isn't quite perfect, but for a first project, i am quite proud of myself! what do you think?



the pinewood derby








colby's neon orange car

so anyone that knows our family, knows that rebekah has long gorgeous curly hair. so what happened? apparently as you get older, and your hair starts out curly, it gets straighter. at least this is the case with my darling daughter. so, instead of sporting the straggly, almost curly, but not quite, look; i cut it off, and now it is smooth and straight!! who would have thought? and it naturally flips out in the cutest little hairdo. i love it. and she does too. and here's the real kicker.....NATHAN does too!! i thought he would hate it, and hate me for having the nerve to do it (i did it while he was asleep!!), but he came up to me, and exclaimed how gorgeous she looked, and why did we wait so long to do this? i was shocked and speechless!! and proud!! i did this, and nathan liked it! wow!! not to toot my own horn, but wow!!!






then there's rachel, who is just as mischevious and adorable as ever!!













here's the whole crew, all snug like a bug in a rug!! i love them all laying in our bed like this! :)


















5 comments:

kris said...

Good job on the haircut, Marne. I think it's a little scary to start chopping at the hair - I'm brave at first, but then I start to wonder, "Am I doing this okay?" You did great!

Marie said...

You did a great job on Becca. She looks so cute with it. I can't wait to see the table. I love the car Colby. Good job on it.

Unknown said...

You are branching out into new territory all over the place. Good job on all of it. I'm proud of you for even trying...not to mention that it all turned out great!!!

Virginia Revoir said...

Hi! I met you at the Bass Pro Shop today. I met 3 blogging people today. Some that I already knew but I only knew them through their blog. How intersting! Anyway, just stopping to say hello. :D

Heather said...

Great job on the table. That was a bib project. Rebekah's hair looks great.