Friday, October 29, 2010

pumpkin fun

usually nathan is the sole pumpkin carver, but last year i decided to give it a whirl. i did something super simple, and thought i would go for something a little harder this year. nathan decided to do the creepy skull face, in order to try and please colby. i went with the witch stirring her brew over the fire. they both turned out really well!! i am super proud of myself for managing to make something this cool looking, with the paper sliding all over the place in the "goo" as rachel was calling it. then, because i was having so much fun, i decided to go for it, and carve rachel's little one she got at the pumpkin patch. it was a lot harder to clean out!! let me tell you! i cut my hand trying to scrape it out, but i survived. i copied a picture rebekah made at school, for the face. what do you think of our masterpieces? i think we did a pretty dang good job!!


4 comments:

Heather said...

They look great. Good job!!!

Marie said...

WooHoo Marne! You are bursting with new talents.

Lori said...

Great pumpkins! I skipped it this year and watched pumpkin carving on the food network. ;)

Rachel Schaub said...

Looks like you had a great time! Cute pumpkins! Its been forever since I've bothered to dress up or carve a pumpkin myself, guess I should think about stepping it up next year!