Sunday, January 13, 2008

my injury

ok everyone, i'm sure you are dying to know what landed me in such a predicament. well, here goes. on wednesday, i was going to pick colby up from the bus stop, which is right around the corner from the house of a lady that brought us dinner while i was down. i thought i would kill two birds with one stone, and return her dishes after i got colby. i pulled up to the house, got out and put the dishes on the bench. i was walking back to the car, literally 3 steps away, and didn't see a big fat hole in the grass. i stepped right into it, rolling my ankle until it popped. i managed to drive us home with my left foot, all the while trying not to cry. thank goodness, when i got home, my neice morgan was waiting with the door open. i told her i thought i broke my foot, and she went inside to get nathan. then the tears started flowing, not stopping until about an hour later. after x-rays confirmed what nathan knew, it was just a severe sprain, i was wrapped up, and sent on my way. 18 weeks pregnant, and on crutches. so the last few days have been quite an adventure. poor nathan, i finally got up again, and i'm back down. i can't even bring myself a bowl to the table for cereal. how do people do this???
and no comments about how lovely i look, i had nathan run in and take a pic so i could post about it. no laughing!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

You look great Marne, I am so excited about you having a girl. I like Samantha, for what its worth.

***LIZ*** said...

Yeah, another girl! How fun, you will be even again. And I agree with Heather, you look great Marne!

Shellee said...

I am not going to laugh, because I know how much things like that hurt. I have had a torn rotator-cuff for almost 3 years, so I don't laugh at injuries. They are sometimes temporary, but they still hurt. Morgan is here? Haven't seen her a long time, don't think she'd remember me.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is not fun and of course pregnancy makes everything harder. I hope you heal up quickly.

leslie jo said...

No fun! Silly pregnacy clumsiness eh!
A GIRL!!! WAHOO so excited becca will love her to death. We miss you all so much. When you due, we are thinking of coming down sometime this year. We have cousins and soon to sisters living down there both expecting their first babies, one in feb one in june. I so want to be there right now and get way from the snow... hehe leslie