Friday, April 18, 2008

Colby's conversation with his dad


I am extremely insecure about the way I am raising my children and the example I set for them. Last night I was sitting in bed watching deadliest catch (which I just love) while Colby snuggled next to me. So I decided to ask him what he thought of me.

"Colby?"
"Yeah Dad"
"Is there anything that Im doing that you think I could do better?"
"Huh?"
"Are there things that I can do better?"
"Yeah dad!!!"
"oh really.....like what?"
"SIGHHHHHH...I cant tell you dad there's just way to many."

Isnt that just a nice kick in the teeth for me....I laughed for quite awhile after this and Im sure Colby thought I was going insane because he was looking at me with a lot of concern... it was right after this that he told me he is going to marry his babysitter Whitley and he already told her as well...she's 12 and he's 6...that should work out.

the life and times of a 6 year old

9 comments:

Heather said...

Nathan, we all have those moments and sometimes days where we feel like we ar enot measuring up. YOu are a great dad. Raising you children in the chirch, setting a good example of what a father should be. I think you are doing an awesome job.

***LIZ*** said...

Well, you know what they saw, don't' ask questions you don't want to hear the answers to. ust kidding, I think you are a great Dad too. Colby cracks me up. I don't know what it is about babysitters, I think Michael has a crush on our babysitter too.

Anonymous said...

I think most parents who care are insecure about how they are raising their children. Every night I can think of a million things I could have done better or differently. Colby IS cute though and sounds like he is getting raised well!

leslie jo said...

From the mouth of babes eh? Oh you are a good dad don't fret..

Shellee said...

I agree with Liz, don't ask if you don't want to know. But seriously, weren't there times that you thought of a huge list of things to do when you were a father that was going to be better than what your dad did? (Boy, say that fast!) But you get my point. Just look at the last post to realize what a good dad you are.

Lisa Payne said...

ok that's the best story ever! i can't wait until i have kids to tell me my faults :)

Lori said...

Too funny! My kids would say something similar if I asked.

Jason Janice and Karissa Merrell said...

Nate you are too funny! Your kids adore you, and I am sure that it because you are an awesome Dad! Glad I found your blog! It was fun to see you and your kids on Saturday at the Bowens!

Tiffany said...

Hey Nate! I found your blog on Nicole's. It is good to see that you are doing well! By the way- did I see your dad on a Low Book Sales commercial yesterday? What are your parents up to?
Tiffany Mangum/Thomson