Monday, April 7, 2008

ok, come on!!

alright, i didn't have any new pics on my computer, they still need to be downloaded. so here is caleb almost 2 years ago. hasn't changed much except the hair, huh? well, to break up the monotony of our life, nate's sister kris, and her family came down to spend their spring break with us. it was very fun for everyone, rebekah keeps saying, i really like those kids, when will we see them again? they all had fun being fussed over by the older girls. they went to the zoo and rode the camel and the train, and all sorts of fun stuff. i'll post those pics as soon as i have them.

on another note, monday, i passed out at the doctor's office, so apparently it is protocol to have the fire dept come and make sure you are ok before they send you to the er. that was embarrassing, let me tell you. after 7 hours of waiting, i finally gave up and signed myself out. i wasn't dying, so what was i waiting for? the ultrasound and nst the next few days were normal, so i'm not worried. i am still have a lot of contractions, but according to my appt today, it isn't changing the cervix at all, so i just keep doing what i'm doing. they did switch me to another anti-contraction drug, so hopefully that one will work a little better. i went to my mom's house yesterday, thinking i could lay on her couch as easily as i could on my own. it was good to have a change of scenery, but man, i'm paying for it today. it has seemed like one long nasty contraction all day. maybe sleeping will help. i have read virtually every book i can get my hands on, and i even reread the twilight series. i am doing logic puzzles now, and those are fun. i am at 30 weeks, so just 6 more to go, if i don't completely lose it by then!! wish me luck everyone, and it's fun to see everyone's comments. keep them coming!! oh yeah, her name is going to be rachel, but we are still looking for a middle name.

7 comments:

leslie jo said...

OH Marne that is too funny that you had to have the fire dept come and that they took you to the ER. That is silly I have passed out at a dr office and they just let me lye down but then i wasn' pregnant
I am sorry you are having all these "issues" but it will all be worth it in the end. That is cute you will have a rebeccah and rachel... good luck with names and these next 6 weeks! Maybe you should take up digital scrapbooking on your laptop? or even crocheting? hehe

Heather said...

Marne, that story makes me so sad. You just have been through so much. I pary for you and think of you everyday. We can't wait come down. YEAH!!!

Shellee said...

I have tons of great books! Call me and I'll bring some of them over. Have you read the Millenial Glory Series?
I am sorry that you passed out and make you feel embarrased! Things will get better eventually. Do you have an X-Box? That's what really got me through bed rest. That and your sister.
Speaking of... the other sis. How's Tat?

nate and marne said...

i have done rachel's cross stitch, that didn't take super long. about 5 or 6 weeks. no, i don't have an xbox. i do play sonic the hedgehog though!! i don't remember if i have read the millenial glory or not, what are they about? i have read a lot of books over the years, and it's hard to keep them straight. tat is ok, she has a mighty hard time with the whole no sleeping thing. john has been forced to work odd hours in the night, so she has been alone doing all the feeding and getting up all night. it takes a toll on her. the babies are doing well though, very cute little things. i get to hold them sometimes when she brings them over.

Nicole said...

Hey Nate- I'm glad you found my blog, where are you guys at now. You've got some cute little kids. About the wrestling, it seems so unhealthy to starve yourself like that (maybe that is my my hubby is short!) I am not a huge fan although I have to admit it was fun to watch my little guy out there.

Lori said...

I am so thankful for the internet to keep in touch with family far away. I hope everything goes well the rest of your pregnancy.
I was on disability for a three months and spent lots of time reading and writing in my kids journals to pass the time. I recommend digital scrapbooking too.
I have always had tons of contractions months before the baby is born but mine never caused the cervix any changes. I always go overdue. I just finished writing my birth story for Baila's birthday I will post tonight.
I wish I lived closer and could lend you all my books. I am in a book club and have tons of great stories to recommend. Check my profile and I posted a list of my favorite books.

Lori said...

Oh, and that picture is ADORABLE!
Those big beautiful eyes. :)