Saturday, November 29, 2008

holidays

so thanksgiving was at our house this year. 2 of my sisters, and my parents came over. with nathan's parents too, that made for a full house! 3 babies under 1, 2 3 year olds, and all of us. yahoo. it went smoothly though, nathan is an amazing cook, so between him, and his parents, i didn't really do anything! my kind of deal. i did have to clean up the house, and put the extra leaves in the table though. that is hard work! it was delicious, and everything was perfect.

then, black friday just happened to be nathan's birthday. so after getting up at a horrid 3:45 to feed rachel, i decided to get shopping with my family. sandy came too, and we were at kohl's around 5. yes, we are one of the crazy families! the silly is that i didn't really have anything i needed to get, and only got little things that looked fun. so after going to a late breakfast, we came home, and poor nathan, who was suffering from playing in a turkey bowl, finally got to open his birthday presents. doesn't he look enthused? i can't keep secrets from him very well, so he actually got a lot before this. he had a few surprises though. happy bday!

rachel discovered the joys of finding a half eaten breakfast bar on the floor, and chomping it! she had a death grip on that thing, and wouldn't drop it for anything. until....nathan came home with a hot fudge chocolate ice cream (my favorite) sundae. then she was all for bites of that instead. a girl after my own heart!! :) and on a side note, we live just around the corner from the temple, so if anyone is coming down to see the lights, they could stop in and see us!!



5 comments:

leslie jo said...

oh yes Nate looks soo happy! He He HE Glad you had a good turkey day! That ice cream looks tasty!

The Burtons said...

Wow. Sounds like you guys had some crazy fun! I love going shopping the day after Thanksgiving, but it's easier to get what you want up here in a small town. I totally didn't know you guys lived by the temple. I took my kids there Thanksgiving day to get out of my parents house. They were going stir crazy and we needed to get some space. I guess next time we'll try to catch up with you. We just got our temple recommends renewed.

Laura said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I must say I'm jealous of your Christmas shopping being finished! I'm almost there and can't wait to not think about it! :) So glad your Thanksgiving was great! Happy Birthday Nate!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Nathan!! I called you but you were gone at a football game. I sure do love you and can't wait to come down at Christmas.

Lori said...

So cute! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I still need to post our pics from our dinner at Tawna's. Steve and Natalie were there. :)