Monday, September 27, 2010

my colby



ok, so it's been a long time since i have been hit with a vertiginous migraine (the doctor's fancy name for all the misery going on!!) and i was not expecting it when i did. thursday was a normal fun day, but that night, i was hit with a migraine. hard. friday morning i woke up still pounding, and now we got to add the dizzy, head spinning nausea to it. not my idea of fun. i slept off and on all day, not getting out of bed. nathan had to work until after 8, so the kids and i were on our own. colby had pack meeting at 6, so around 5 i asked him if he wanted to go, so i could call someone and set up a ride. his answer brought tears to my eyes. he told me it was his job to take care of me and the other kids, and that was way more important than going to pack meeting. he said, what if caleb and rachel did something they weren't supposed to? or you needed something and couldn't get it. i am going to stay here and make sure everything is ok.

i don't know what i did to deserve such a sweet boy, but i am grateful every day that i have him. he is still a silly kid, that acts like a kid much of the time. but when he needs to be, he really steps up and is the man of the family. i was so proud of him and his willingness to serve his family. he is such a tenderhearted and loving boy, i love him so much!! and now he is 9, and moving from wolves to bears in the cub scout program. he is doing so well in everything he does!! we love you colby!!

5 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

SOOOOO SWEET!!!

Michelle said...

That says a lot about how his parents have raised him. Good job, Colby!!

Jared and Barbara said...

Marne... We do check your blog but have been doing it through Sarah's blog because we are not savvy enough to figure how to add you to our blog.Soory to hear about the headaches, my son Clarke had them as a child and still gets them accaqsionally. Your son is sweet.

Lori said...

sorry to hear about your migraines.
I've been seeing a neurologist, ENT, and internal med Dr. to find out what's wrong with my body. It might be migraines but they are waiting to see what the MRI shows. I've had nausea, dizziness, weakness, hot flushes, sinus pain on my left side, eye pain and pressure, head pressure and weird pains, etc. My dad has migraines but they are very different from my pain. I was debilitated for a month, but now it's been off and on. I'm finally able to drive and walk normal again, but every few days it comes back a little.

Rachel Schaub said...

I love sweet, silly little boys! You are a lucky momma! (the migraines, not so lucky....ugh)