Thursday, August 18, 2011

preschool and humble pie

rachel standing outside of her preschool class. what a big girl!!

putting on her shoes before class. like the cuts on her lip? she totally face planted and had a huge fat lip for school. i thought that was pretty fitting for her!!
yes, this is what the kids do with the hose!!!
rachel and i made muddy buddies a few days ago. she thought she needed to lick the lid after i shook it. it got powdered sugar all over her nose and dress. it was too cute, i had to snap a pic!!
and on a more somber note, on monday, my good friend and cousin saved her daughter's life by not letting an ex boyfriend in the house. for her efforts, she got shot in the head and killed. i was reminded just how precious life is, and wanted to take a minute to express my gratitude. i am thankful for my family and friends. for my kids and hubby. for the knowledge that i have, that this is not the end of our existence. my cousin lives on, and will continue to do so. i am thankful for the health i have, though i complain about it a lot. what i go through is so small in comparison to so many others, who suffer with no complaint. i have been very humbled over the last week, and just want everyone out there in cyberspace to know that.

4 comments:

Marie said...

So sorry for your loss. Life is so short if you really start to think about it too much. It would be nice to know how long you had. I think you would live differently if you did.

kris said...

Rachel looks so grown-up in her preschool pics and especially sitting on the counter. What a cutie! I'm so sorry about your cousin - hearbreak. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Heather said...

I can't believe how long her hair is getting. She looks so big. Your cousins story breaks my heart. She is a hero.

alliopie said...

Love you sweet girl. Thanks for sharing. I have already talked to you about it - but again my prayers are with you and your family.

Rachel looks adorable! I especially love the one in the kitchen - with her hair done and the side swiped bang AND the pink dress she just looks so big!