Sunday, September 9, 2007

we made it!!

ok everyone, i just had to let you all know that we made it through the weekend!! i know that doesn't sound like a great feat to most of you, but it was for us! nathan was awake for 25 hours by the time he got to bed last night, (after midnight, i might add!). i hosted a bunko party at my house, which in case you don't know what that is, it is a fun game involving 12 ladies, where i had to provide the food, and prizes. so that was stressful in and of itself. anyway, back to the point. we were called on monday night to speak in church today. add that to the rollercoaster life has been, and you understand our week! actually, both of our talks went surprisingly well, surprising because i don't speak well! nathan is a natural, gifted speaker. he makes me sick! :) afterwards, we were actually told by an older lady that it was the best sacrament meeting she had ever attended. how's that for everyone? i am betting this lady has been to a lot of them too!! :) so that made me feel pretty good about the whole thing. much better than i had hoped. sorry this is so disjointed, hopefully it makes sense! it's late!

also, in case you all didn't know, we have been trying to get pregnant for a few months now. i miscarried last month, and this month is still quite painful. just shoot me. enough said on that.

nathan is doing the last of this horrid schedule tomorrow, cross you fingers that the post office really did get someone lined up to replace him, or i may scream! then we will go back to a normal schedule of midnight to 8. how normal that is, i'm not sure. but hey, we'll get to see nathan again for a few hours a day. happy day!!

oh, another tidbit. i plugged in my digital camera to the little port on the computer, and downloaded my pictures like i was supposed to, right? wrong. i didn't realize what program opened automatically to put my pictures into, and now my pics are floating around somewhere on the computer, where i cannot access them!! even nathan can't pull them up anywhere for me. i was going to show you all the pics of the kids in their halloween costumes. i just bought them, and they were too cute to wait!! colby will be a ninja turtle, rebekah a princess, and caleb........ CHICKEN LITTLE!!!! can anyone else picture how adorable he will look? i found all of these costumes for a little under 20 bucks. i love 2nd hand stores!!! hopefully we will find the pics somewhere, and you can see them.
oh, and one more thing. liz, if you are an honorary gresko, that is good enough for me!! call me and we can hang out!! i'll pretend i'm heather! :) without the baby girl inside.

2 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Marne! I am so sad about the pics. I can't wait to see your little munchkins in their costumes. Wow! What a weekend, week, month, dang, I can't believe all the drama. I guess I should come to expect these things. I am glad that your talks went well. How was Bunko? What are you doing Thursday? You should come by with the little ones and play with us, I am hosting Mom's group for our ward and we are going to play on the slip'n'slide and eat dogs and bugers. Call me for directions if you can make it: 480-966-3365. It'll be from about 10-12.

Heather said...

how very unfair! I want to come. Don't have too much fun without me. Marne, I just hurt for Nathan. There is light at the end of the tunnel though.