Friday, May 29, 2009

rebekah's day

i don't have any pictures, i know i'm a bad mom. today was the fathers and sons campout for our ward, and rebekah was feeling very left out and sad. so i told her that today was her day, and we could do anything she wanted, within reason of course! my sister and her kiddos were here around lunch time, so once the boys hit the road, we did too. tattie graciously offered to stay here while all the babies were napping, and rebekah and i went to see the new movie, "up". it was quite a cute and touching little story at first, then gets a little creepier and made the poor girl jump out of her skin. i kept reassuring her, it's just a movie, it will be ok. thankfully, all the other kids were whimpering with her, or i might have been embarrassed at the constant, "mom, i'm scared, what's gonna happen now??" i enjoyed the movie, and at the end she breathed a gigantic sigh of relief. then she told me, "mom, i don't know if we should get that one when it comes out, it was a little scary for the younger kids!" i burst out laughing, and said, you mean YOU?!?! what a character. (don't let that turn you off from seeing it, it really was a good flick!)
then, she wanted a lot of options for dinner, so i thought souper salad sounded like it would have all the choices, and wouldn't break the bank. after trying everyone i could think of, it looked like we were going solo. then tattie, who had just left my house, called to see where we were going, and could she come too. so it was a little crazy to have all the babies at the same table, but it was fun. and rebekah even got ice cream with sprinkles. yummy! then we went to grandma scooter's house, which they lovingly call my mom. we all played and chatted there for a few hours, until i took the exhausted kiddos home to their little beds. tomorrow we are going to pick out some new nailpolish colors and have a little painting party before the boys come home. sound like a good enough time for rebekah's special day?? i hope so!! and here i sit, pondering why i am typing instead of sleeping. hmmm..... i think i'll do that now. night y'all!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I love to take each of my kids on dates like that. It's so fun to just focus on them and enjoy the moment more without worrying about all the others. (and the fighting)
That was so funny to read what Rebekah said about the movie.

Lori said...

Hi Marne and Nathan,
I have to go private with my blog for a while. (been getting some scary anonymous comments), so if you can e-mail me at happinessisshared@gmail.com, I can invite you on to it. I don't have your e-mail to do the invite yet.
Thanks! Sorry about the inconvenience.

Heather said...

I want to see UP so bad but alas will probably wait until I can get it in Netflix. I love father/sons night but this year Anthony got home from Okinawa that day at 2:30 and he was in no mood to go camping. I am surprised that Nathan felt well enough to go. I heard he has lost 11 lbs already. Tell him to keep up the good work.

Christina Beach said...

How fun for her! My kids LOVE one on one time. And the girls get super excited when we do a nail polishing party. I let them paint mine too which ends up looking pretty bad but they love it@ I'm glad you were able to have such a fun date with Rebeckah!

DeAnna said...

Sounds like fun!!! How did the camp out go? Did the boys have fun too?