Wednesday, September 24, 2008

camera woes



i don't know what the deal is right now, but there are several people i know that had their camera die in the last little while. mine and heather's can be attributed to our lovely kids, which is why we have the cameras in the first place. so i guess it works. anyway, we've been trying to figure out a really cheap way to replace our camera, but also get a decent one. it's impossible, i know. so i had been looking for a few days on craigslist, and found a few. the only problem is that noone is responding back to my inquiries. anyone who knows me, knows that when i want something, or think i need something done, i want it done NOW! so this waiting stuff is for the birds. anyway, i looked on walmart's website, and found a couple i was thinking of ordering for about 130 or so. nathan, who was outside trying to ungreen our pool, comes in, and says he is going to check out the pawn shop (which i didn't even know existed!) around the corner. i was imagining a shady place, and the guy at the counter looking like the guy in men in black that gets his head shot off a few times! so i guess i was a little off. nathan calls me a couple minutes later, and says he found the EXACT model we just ruined, for 60 bucks!! you can't beat that! and now i don't have to download new software, or try to figure out a new camera. it couldn't have worked out better. yippee!! i have new respect for pawn shops now. so thank you, whoever decided they didn't need their camera anymore, cuz we did!! don't you just love pictures??

5 comments:

Marie said...

Score! That is cool that you found the same one. It is nice when things work out that way. My kids ruined our first camera. It stinks when that happens.

Heather said...

That is an awsome deal. I am just waiting. I still have my 5 mp but want my 12 mp back. So that means I have to wait until Anthony can decide on the most appropriate one to get.

The Burtons said...

Congrats on finding a cheap camera. Who can afford extra stuff like that right now?! I love the picture of the mashed potatoes. Throw that kid straight into the bath!

Lori said...

I finally have a camera again and it's been wonderful. I missed so many moments this month that I can't replace from not having a camera. We didn't get the really nice CANON XSI I planned on (saving up for it) and so I purchased a Nikon "CoolPix" from Costco for around $230. I took back my digital frame that suddenly stopped working and was able to use that credit toward the camera. I really like it and the size is so small that it fits really easy in my pocket. Great for hikes or times when I don't want to lug a big one around.

Lori said...

The picture of your baby with the frosting covering his/her? eye made me LOL.