Friday, September 5, 2008

we're back!


we had a wonderful time in utah, and are sad to say we had to come back to the heat. it was beautiful up there, we even wore pants one day!! yipee! nathan got in a golf game with the bro in laws, and a byu football game with the fam. he was in heaven. i had a good time too, just grateful that heather had a pump and everything else i forgot! i told nathan i was forgetting a lot, but he just brushed me off. little did i know that i left the prescription tummy meds for rachel, brought a too small shirt for colby for church, no church pants for caleb, bekah's dress was too short, no tennis shoes for the kids, sunscreen, pump..... the list goes on. it was ridiculous!! doesn't that always happen? in my defense, it was a very busy day before we left! i survived the missionaries, and apparently didn't screw it up too bad, cuz they are coming today with another investigator!
also, on sat we went to seven peaks, a waterpark, and kept rachel under the umbrella for all but 10 min where i brought her out, sitting in my shadow in the water to cool off. she had on a sleeper covering her arms and legs, the only thing not covered was her head. well, she got a massive sunburn!! under her right eye and cheek blistered, oozed, blistered then scabbed. it looks like she has a bad case of road rash. i am an awful mother!! colby got massively burned a couple years ago. i shouldn't be allowed to have kids!
well, back to the grind with 30 pages of homework for the kids, sheesh, they do a lot of work in one day!! and i learned yesterday that rebekah has ordered a pbj sandwich for lunch all week. i wanted to strangle her! i am paying for that!! ug. i told her i could make that for her, and she said, ok, where's my lunch? we were going to the car!! i told her she had to eat a hamburger today. what a nerd!

6 comments:

The Burtons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Burtons said...

It is way to hard to pack for that many people, especially when a baby is involve. Their stuff alone could take up half the car. I would have forgotten the same stuff and then some... What can you do for your baby's sunburn? Ouch! But don't feel bad, I accidently flicked Isaac in the eye and it looks like he got in a car accident. Seriously, CPS will be knocking on my door any second.
As for my birth control, I will probably just do the pill for a while. If that doesn't work, then I might try another IUD 'cause I'm stupid like that.
P.S. Next time I'm psycho, I will blame it on the alien in my brain. HA!!!!

Lori said...

Glad to know I am not alone with the crazy life. It's so hard to pack for 4 kids and I am always the one who has to do it. I usually stay up the entire night before the trip and then feel horrible the next day from lack of sleep to get it all done.

I found out last year that Lainey was sometimes buying a hot lunch in addition to when I would make her a sack lunch so that she could get the ice cream or treat! I was so frustrated with her. All that money we owed and a waste of my time making those lunches.

Heather said...

Marne, her burn looks so much better. She will be good as new in no time. Have you started reading Midnight Sun on Stephenie Meyer's website. the whole thing is there. Its really quite sad why she posted the entire thing but I am enjoying it immensly.

Marie said...

I am glad to hear you are back and had a good time. We need to get together! Let me know when you have a free moment

Anonymous said...

I think every mom can relate to doing something they wish they hadn't. It happens to us all. These kids are just a lot of work!