Tuesday, September 9, 2008

family pictures



when we were in utah last week, my brother in law graciously offered to take our family pics. the only problem with this was the fact that we were not given very much notice, and caleb was a little hellion!! we couldn't decide if there was enough time before dinner was to be ready on sunday afternoon, or if we should just wait until monday. the weather forecast predicted rain and high winds, so at the last minute, dave said, let's do it now. so i rushed to get everyone dressed, and my hair straightened. everyone else was great, but caleb insisted he keep on the clothes he was wearing, and not put on the ones that matched everyone else for the picture. if you know him at all, you know that he is the sweetest kid in the world, but if you cross him when he's cranky, watch out!! that is what i did, i am sad to say. he did not stop screaming and crying after we put his clothes on for the 3rd time. during the entire photo shoot he screamed. either he was sitting on nathan's lap bent over with his head on the floor, or he just sat with his eyes screwed tightly shut with quite a grimace on his face. so, the pics just didn't turn out very good. nathan wants to remember these fun times, so we are blowing up this picture and hanging it on the wall. it will sure be a good conversation piece!!
and on another note, i realize that i had a baby less than 3 months ago, but i have never in all my life been so huge. i usually don't have much trouble getting the weight to fall off while i'm nursing, but this has been horrid. i don't have anything i can squeeze my large buttox into, and the tops all look ridiculous with my large chest. it is very frustrating. so, needless to say, hopefully i will get be skinny again, and caleb will be happy for the next family picture!!
oh, i almost forgot. i found my camera. well, actually colby did. i asked if he knew where it was, and he said, it's on the pool gate mom. how he knew that, i am not sure. but now i remember. we brought rachel out with us to swim and wanted to capture the fun on camera. nathan must have hung the camera up when we were getting out to help dry everyone off. and we forgot about it. the only problem with this is that it rained. A LOT! so now camera has....bit the dust. crap.

6 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Love the family pics! I think you all look great and Nate is right, it is a fun memory. You can't have four kids all happy at once, it's against the laws of nature.

Heather said...

I just laughed and laughed remembering this all over again. You have to blow it up for that very reason. we all remember it very weel. I am so sorry about the camera. I too am looking for a new one but I do have a backup until my search is over. Do you have a backup?

Shellee said...

Great pics, Rachel is getting so big!

I am amazed that they are all happy at the same time.

Mela said...

Hi, you probably don't know me but I am from Globe, AZ and I am looking for a friend of mine from years ago named Kristina (Kris) Gresko. I saw your blog and was hoping you can help me. Is this her brother's blog? Can you tell me how to get in contact with her? My email is mchristi@cox.net

Thanks.

Christina Beach said...

Cute pics!! You guys look great!

The Burtons said...

That is too bad Caleb was being a pill 'cause everyone else looks fantastic. You have a cute family and the background is beautiful too. It makes for a funny story one day. You'll have to tell Caleb about karma... ha ha ha!